Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Champagne Eyes

Ms. New Beauty is luxuriating in the new year and loving every minute of it. After a relaxing holiday with the family, she spent an outrageous New Year's weekend in New York City. She had so much fun with two of her best girlfriends, her boyfriend, and some college friends. During that weekend, the girls coined and, more importantly, lived up to the quotable - "champagne goes straight to your brain." Truer words have never been spoken. Just like that sparkly, bubbly drink that brought so many giggles into her life this weekend, Ms. New Beauty has found an eyeshadow that does the same - a sparkly, glittery palette that brings on the glitz and makes her smile.


CHANEL Lumiere D'Artifices Palette

Just looking at this palette makes me smile. While I'm not a girl who wears sequins often, ever since I used to tag along with my mother on shopping trips to the dress department, I've loved looking at some sequins. Like I deer in headlights, I tend to get captivated by them and find myself just staring at sequins - head slightly leaned to the side, pleasant smile on my face. So, I knew instantly that I would be in love with this limited edition palette that was actually molded by a goldsmith to resemble a beautiful pile of sequins. I'm sure I'll spend more time just admiring these shadows than actually applying them to my lids.

But, I will be able to drag myself away to use these fabulous colors. A combination of bronze, silver and anthracite, these beautiful metallics can be used alone or together. I am going to go all the way and use them together for full on glamourous champagne eyes. I've already come up with several combinations - bronze on lids with anthracite use as liner and silver at the corners, anthracite on lids with bronze at crease and silver under brows, silver on lids with gold at the corners and anthracite as liner. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

This limited edition palette is already sold out at CHANEL.com, but it's still available at Neiman Marcus.

Be captivated by sequins, but remember "champagne goes straight to your brain," and don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks