Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Things We Live For

There are things that each of us shopaholics and beauty junkie live for - the day after Christmas (which real shoppers know is waaay better than Black Friday), new colors for fall and spring, resort collections, sales at the outlets. Two of mine come every year around this time.

The Neiman Marcus Beauty Event

True confession, I'm in love with Neiman Marcus and I have been since I turned 16. Just a store that speaks to me. I can always find something there that I love. I count all of my Neiman's purchases as money well spent. Handbags, shoes, dresses, pants, and best of all - makeup. This is my all-time favorite beauty event. They really roll out the red carpet for you on Beauty night - samples galore, lots of attention, tons of people fawning and trying to make you look even more beautiful than you were when you walked in.

The best part is the gift bag. The actual bag itself is nothing to get excited about (I think this year is some red patent leather montrosity), it's what comes in it. With every $85 purchase, you get a giftbag full of tons of samples from some of the best products on the market. This year's bag has samples from Estee Lauder, Frederic Fekkai, Fresh (a company that has yet to disappoint me), Marc Jacobs, Clinique, La Prairie, and Jo Malone, among others. You can get the giftbag from either an in-store or online purchase, but really, you need to be in the store to feel the merriment of it all. This is like Christmas and who opens Christmas presents online. The only excuse is if you live more than 2 - 3 hours from a Neiman's.

The beauty event starts Friday and those who know will be there Friday before all the good stuff is gone.

Lucky Shops

This is the world's biggest sample sale. Imagine all the things that you love to see in Lucky magazine under one roof, for sale, at up to 70% off. Oh, I could faint from the excitement right now. This year, there will be vendors selling Marc by Marc Jacobs, Theory, See by Chloe, Tory Burch, and Catherine Malandrino. Plus, there's going to be handbags, accessories, jewelry and home furnishings all for sale. It's literally like the pages of Lucky have exploded.

Another confession, I missed Lucky Shops last year. I did, I did. I was interviewing for jobs and school was crazy and I just couldn't make it down for the sale. I hang my head in shame. I regret that to this day, especially since my shopping partner in crime bought the Botkier bag that I was contemplating spending $700 on for just $165!!!!! This year, I shall be redeemed. I just bought my ticket online today, so I will definitely be there.

Lucky Shops is November 9 - 10 in New York City. Those who know me know that I don't live in NYC, but three hours north in Boston. Those who really know me know that I don't give a damn and will be there shopping anyway. If you have to question why a woman would drive three hours for this sale, this just isn't the event for you. But trust, I will shop in your honor on that day. Oh, and it's a credit card only event, so make sure you pay those balances down to have plenty of room to have fun on that Platinum Visa.

Go, shop, buy great things, and don't forget to tell them that Ms. New Beauty sent you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks