Monday, January 22, 2007

Easy. Breezy. Beautiful.

Ms. New Beauty is feeling oh so easy and breezy right now. She just turned in her papers after finishing up a seven hour final exam (yes you read it right, seven hours!). Now, she is all about decompressing and luxuriating. Well, at least for the next two hours until she hits up her yoga class and then packs her bags for her vacation next week to Dominican Republic. In the meantime, she's sharing some info for the rest of you ladies who are feeling equally easy and breezy.

Can you be fierce? Do you have intensity in your eyes? Have you watched far too many episodes of ANTM like me? If so, you should head down to the open casting call for the CoverGirl Queen Collection taking place next week. Queen Latifah is looking for women of color to find the new face of her collection with CoverGirl. The Queen Collection is one of the few, if not only, drug store collections to provide foundation for women of color in more than the three typical shades - light, dark, and in between. I don't use it myself, but I definitely believe in the message and applaud Latifah for having the foresight to see that this was a product desperately needed in the market.
Queen Latifah and CoverGirl are holding a casting call in NYC on 1/29 to find the next CoverGirl. Queen Latifah believes every woman is a "queen" and on Monday, January 29th, she is holding an open casting call in NYC to find a new face to appear in an ad for the CoverGirl Queen Collection.

All women of color -- from Latina to African American -- ages 18-48 are invited to strut their stuff in front of a panel of judges, including Queen Latifah herself. Contestants will be asked to share their story as to how they have achieved both inner and outer beauty - whether it was through a recent accomplishment, community service, overcoming an obstacle or standing up for something they were passionate about.


WHAT: Queen Latifah open-casting call to find a real woman to appear in the next CoverGirl Queen Collection advertisement

WHEN: January 29, 2007 from 11AM to 4PM (line forms at 10AM)

WHERE: BB King Blues Club & Grill -- 237 West 42nd Street (between 7th & 8th Avenues)

If you live in, around, or near NYC, you should definitely get down there early on Monday and try for your spot in CoverGirl history. I would go myself, but I'll be leaving for my vacay, and with the way I'm feeling now, I soooo need some sun. But trust I'm sending my Partner In Crime in my place and she is going to rock it and end up in magazines all over the world! I just know it!

Strut your stuff ladies, and be a Queen, but don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh why am I just seeing this??? I sooo would have been there!

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks