Friday, March 02, 2007

Lashing Out

It may be surprising to learn, but Ms. New Beauty is quite the domestic goddess. She can cook up soul food so filling you have to pop the button on your pants when the meal's over. She can paint, stain, and polyurethane. MNB sews and reupholsters. And she also has a soft spot for arts and crafts. Scrapbooking, making custom photo frames and paddles, and crocheting take Ms. New Beauty to a wonderfully peaceful place. All this domesticity, but sometimes MNB still forgets some of life's necessary chores, like getting the mail. In college, Ms. New Beauty's roommate (whom she still calls "Roommate" though they haven't lived together for three years) always got the mail - she was such a thoughtful girl. Roomate got the mail and left it right outside of Ms. New Beauty's door. MNB barely knew where the mailbox was at their apartment complex. Even though she's been fending for herself on the postal front for a few years now, Ms. New Beauty still breezes past the mailbox for days at a time before she realizes there may actually be something in it for her. Well, last week, MNB checked the mail and found the most fabulous free gift.

CHANEL Inimitable Mascara

Inside my mailbox was a small package from Allure magazine. I tore into it, excited to see what my Beauty Bible could be sending me, and found a tube of Chanel Inimitable Mascara. I had read the positive reviews of Inimitable when it was first introduced in the fall, but I decided against it. Because the eyes are so sensitive and mascara tubes are just breeding grounds for bacteria, you need to replace your mascara every two to three months, if you are a regular user. Now, since I wear mascara every day, even on days when I don't wear any other makeup or even wash my face, I am a regular replacer. And, though I have expensive taste, I just can't see spending a lot of money on something that I will not use up and will end up in the bottom of my trash can.

But, (and that's a BIG but), this mascara is fabulous!!!!! I mean, literally fabulous. Fabulous like Miss Chi Chi Rodriguez in To Wong Foo (she was your favorite too wasn't she?). Inimitable has the same plastic brush that other brands like CoverGirl and Max Factor have adopted. This brush makes sure that each lash gets evenly coated without clumps and even reaches the tiny little lashes at the inner corner of your eyes. But something about this formula makes my lashes look long and fake, in a way that no other mascara has. I was seriously contemplating getting lash extensions, and by contemplating I mean figuring out a way to pay for them, but I'm going to stick with this. For now. Once my income taxes come back, I probably will head into the salon for some fake Lavish Lashes. In the meantime, I will be inimitably addicted to this.

$26.50, available where ever CHANEL cosmetics are sold.


Bat those lashes fabulously, and remember to toss out your mascara every few months, just don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks