Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The J-List

Ms. New Beauty knows that now is prime time to talk about all the A-list stars who floated down the red carpet at The Oscars on Sunday. But, MNB has got to let you all in on a little secret. Come close. Closer. Closer. This year, Ms. New Beauty didn't care! Maybe it was the writer's strike, or the fact she wasn't "rooting" for any one of the nominees to win, but whatever it was, MNB did not spend Sunday night watching the Oscars. And, from what she's read about it being the most boring broadcast in history, she's glad she skipped it and watched The Wire instead, which by the way was chocked full of excitement. (Omar's dead?!?! And killed by a child?!?! Who could have ever seen that one coming?) Nonetheless, Ms. New Beauty knows that the Hollywood fever still has a hold on beauty junkies, so instead of doing a red carpet wrap up, she's contributing in her own way - by singing the praises of a product that was proudly on The J-List, way before it hit The A-List.

Clarisonic Skin Care Brush

This holiday season, the Clarisonic brush was the hottest beauty commodity. Oprah mentioned it as one of her favorite things and then the shelves cleared out. But, I have to admit, it wasn't Lady O who first sang the praises of this brush. It was my girl Johnica, one of my first beauty blogging friends and the first that I actually knew in real life before the blog. She loved this brush almost a year and a half ago. Can we say way ahead of the curve?

Clarisonic is made by the same people who brought us the Sonicare Toothbrush, which I used from age 12 until about a few months ago when it finally died on me. The brush uses sonic waves to vibrate the bristles and clean your face deep down. The beauty of this brush is not just the vibrations or the extra clean feeling your skin has. It's the little extras that make it special. Unlike other face brushes that only work with that brand's cleanser, you can use anything with the Clarisonic. Just wet your face, smooth on your normal cleanser, and away you go. And, the brush also comes with two brush heads, two pressure settings and two timing options. It emits a subtle beep to let you know to move on to the next section of your face. I've already noticed that my chin and nose area which tend to get milia are cleared up from the extra exfoliation. My skin has never been softer or smoother.

$195, available at Clarisonic.com


Forget about boring old Hollywood and stay ahead of the curve on your own, but just don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

That brush is the ish! I had a dream about it the other day. When i get my facials my doctor uses it.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you just ruined the Wire for me! Have you no compassion?

Ms. New Beauty said...

Sorry hon! I figured most people would have see it.

You better watch the series finale on time because I'm sure I'll be so emotionally drained the next morning that I'll have to include something in this blog about it.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinkin about getting this brush for quite some time now but the price is the only factor holding me back.

So far the reviews in Amazon.com and here :Clarisonic Skin Care Brush System have been very encouraging.

Is it really as good as people say it is?

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks