Thursday, September 21, 2006

Everyday All-Stars

As you probably noticed, I've added my Everyday All-Stars to the right of the screen. These are the products that carry me through every day, even the ones were I feel like ca-ca and look even worse. Days that are my "no makeup days" still include these four products. Now I reviewed the last two, my mascara and my mattifier, before in this blog. And, although I've reviewed and recommended the first two, Biotherm Aquasource and Tarte Cheek Stain, I did that review on my myspace page. So the info is available only to the select few who are my friends over there. I'm reposting those reviews here so that everyone can benefit.

Biotherm Aquasource

Despite my flawless matte finish, I naturally have oily skin. So finding the right moisturizing products is always a challenge. Regular moisturizers are too greasy and leave my nose shining like Tiffany diamonds. The problem with a lot of moisturizers for oily skin is that the product is
composed of millions of molecules that have to break down before they are absorbed into the skin. While they are breaking down, the oil glands start producing sebum because they think
that the skin is dried out. So the result is natural oil plus the moisturizer, hence my shiny nose.

I've finally found the perfect moisturizer for oily skin - Biotherm Aquasource Oligo Therapy Gel. But this Biotherm gel is different. It's composed of thermal spring water that sinks directly into the skin. There's no lag period so the oil glands don't start producing more oil. It leaves my skin feeling perfect, like I'm underwater. And, because it's a gel, it's light enough to use throughout the summer. Plus, it includes vitamins E and F to nourish the skin.

Tarte Cheek Stain

For blush, Tarte Cheek Stain is perfect. It leaves the perfect amount of color for your face. The color looks like it's coming from within, not like it's sitting on top of your face. It gives you a natural flush, like you just ran up a flight of stairs. The solid stick makes application beyond easy. Just dab directly on your cheeks and blend a little with your fingers. That's is. For real. And, most of the time, I don't even blend with my fingers. I've been using it so long that I've figured out exactly where to apply and how many dabs it takes to achieve my desired look.

I only use Tarte in Flush, a raspberry shade. Brightly colored blushes can look scary at first, but for darker skin, you need a brighter color for it to even register. As long as you use a light application, bright colors make the glow look so much more natural than light ones. On me, even those shades that are supposed to be universally flattering (read: Nars Orgasm) can look ashy and ridiculous.


2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, Im ordering the Tarte Cheek Stain from Sephora right now :)

Ms. New Beauty said...

I looooove it. I've been using it religiously for the past two years.

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks