Sunday, September 24, 2006

Local Favorite

This post will only be relevant for those pretty ladies in the Boston area, but all others are welcomed and encouraged to continue on, just for the fun of it.

It's always been hard for me to find a good pedicurist. The thing is - I don't need pedicures. I take the pumice stone to my heels every day in the shower, and religiously use Kerasal and Aquaphor on my feet. So, there's no need to pay someone else to decrust my tootsies. Pedicures for me are more of a mental health benefit. Letting my feet soak and having someone else paint my toes does wonders to reduce stress. This is my weekly bit of me time.

The problem is finding a good value in pedicurists. I find that most spas and salons don't give pedicures that appropriate attention. The result is a rushed experience that surely isn't worth the $75 I'm paying for it. The only other option was the corner nail salon, but most lack sanitary environments. That foot spa has always looked like a germ and bacteria soup to me. I so cannot relax and go to my peaceful place when I'm constantly wondering if I'm going to contract a life threatening infection in the pursuit of perfectly painted toes.

I finally found a great pedicurist - Wet Paint Nail Spa. This shop is so cute. The decor makes you feel like you and your girlfriends are having a toe painting party at home and the girls who work there are great.

Decor and personnel aside, the service is past outstanding. First, they give you ample time to just let your feet soak. Truly this is the best part of the pedi for me and I'm always so annoyed when nail techs gloss over this important step. This sets the mood for the rest of the service. Michelle, my nail tech today, let my feet soak for at least fifteen minutes in water that was just hot enough to relax me, but not so hot that I started to sweat or got slightly burned. She then continued on with cleaning, trimming and scrubbing my nails. Every spa pedicure at Wet Paint is guaranteed to last at least an hour and includes a fabulous foot and leg massage. And, all of their foots baths and tools are cleaned with hospital strength sanitizers. So, I can truly relax with no germophobe worst case scenarios running through my head. I swear this place was designed just for girls like me.

Go, pamper yourself and your feet, and don't forget to tell them that Ms. New Beauty sent you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks