Thursday, September 14, 2006

The More Things Change

This is a slightly random post, but I don't like the new format of Marie Claire. The content is the same, no doubt about it. Still a good place for layouts and hair and makeup, but I just don't like the new delivery of it. The whole magazine has changed to more grown up and serious format, I guess that's what it is. All the bright colors and fun pictures are gone, and replace with something far more serious and stern. They've made the magazine look kind of like a look book that someone put together. It's not bad, just different. I guess I just wasn't ready to open up my monthly MC and not recognize the inside.

The one thing I don't like is the quotes they've added to the fashion spreads. Instead of just shooting the clothes and models and letting the reader establish the context in their own mind, they have these little quotes that are telling you what's supposed to be going on. That part I don't like and can really do without.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

You said it. I read that they wanted to take Marie Claire back to its roots but instead what we have now is Ms lite. I not sure if you are old enough to remember the begining of Maire Claire in the late 90s but it was much better then versus now.

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks