Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Beautiful Cure

So it's a double posting day. I'm sick, stuck inside the penthouse with nothing but magazines and the internet to keep me occupied. Well, actually, I should be reading for my tax law class, but this is more fun. Onto the cosmetics!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the beauty and fashion industries have always stepped up to the challenge to find the cure. So many companies have introduced or redesigned products specifically to raise money for breast cancer charities. Here are some of the products that I will be trying and buying to do my part.

Bobbi Brown Pink Bouquet Shimmer Lip Gloss

A new product created just for Breast Cancer Awareness, it's the perfect pink shimmery lip gloss. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.





Philosophy Pink Ribbon Shower Gel


I love Philosophy shower gels. The three-in-one products can be used as shampoo, bath gel, or body wash. And, even though it's not one of the selling points, Philosophy shower gels make great shaving creams. The best part is 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Women's Cancer Research Fund.



Murad Energizing Pomegranate Lip Therapy


You know I barely need an excuse to try a new lip balm. Now, pomegranate is my favorite fall fruit and has so many natural antioxidants that it's basically a given that I'm going to try anything that has it as an ingredient. And, this one has an SPF 15 with 10% of the proceeds going to breast cancer research.






L'Occitane Ultra Rich Body Cream


Again, I don't really need a reason to buy L'Occitane body products. And this body cream is an all time favorite of mine. But, just for October, it's going to come in a pink box and 15% of the proceeds will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.







Stila Breast Cancer Awareness It Gloss Trio

We all love Stila lip glosses, they add just the right hint of color and shine without all of that ridiculous goopiness. This trio comes with three shades, named Courageous, Enticing, and Inspiring, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.






For more products that benefit breast cancer research and charities, visit Sephora, All About the Pretty, and Beautiful Makeup Search.

(Note: the proceeds is the money that the company brings in from a product, not just the profit it makes after its expenses. Seems pretty basic, but I was a little unsure until I looked it up myself. Just passing on the knowledge as always.)

Try, buy, support a great cause, and don't forget that Ms. New Beauty sent you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks