Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Reading Material

Ms. New Beauty has the week off of school right now and she has been surprisingly productive. Rather than jaunt off to some oh so fabulous and warm locale for vacay, MNB has stayed put and decided to get her life together and do the things she's been meaning to do for months, like really doing the laundry. MNB has been looking for a shirt for the past year and just found it today at the bottom of the laundry along with a few other items she forgot tha she owned. She now hangs her head in shame. But, she actually washed everything and is ridiculously proud of herself for life's small victories.

In the midst of all the productivity, I ventured to the mall yesterday to return a suit and picked up the very BR tall motorcycle boots that I fell in love with in this month's issue of Bazaar. And, since I was already there, I went right into Borders to buy the most anticipated book of my fabulous fall - Confessions of a Beauty Editor by Linda Wells and the staff of Allure.


Now, we all know that Allure is the beauty bible. That fact is never up for debate. But, naming Linda Wells the Beauty God, or goddess as it were, is a little too much for me. I have plenty of other things to repent for on Sundays, don't need to add blasphemy to that list. But, if I could name her the Beauty Goddess, I would. This woman has been the Editor-in-Chief of the world's leading beauty magazine for the past 11 years and has seen every beauty trend come and go. And, she's finally capsulizing all those years of knowledge into a book so that beauty product experts, addicts and novices alike can soak it up like sponges.

I promised myself that I wouldn't start reading it until I actually made a dent in all of the assigned reading I have to catch up on for school. But come on now, yall knew MNB was going to break that promise as soon as she made it.

I also picked up a cute little book called How to Walk in High Heels. I've been walking in high heels since I was six, and actually have a better sense of balance when I'm four inches off the ground, but I'm a sucker for a girly how-to book with a cute name. Sue me.

Buy it, read it, and don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I purchased the book 2 hours ago at Barnes and Noble, I come home and BAM youve blogged about it!

Have you gotten a whif of Tom Fords Black Orchid scent?

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks