Sunday, May 20, 2007

On That Juice

Phew! After weeks of slaving away in a flourescent lit library, sitting in uncomfortable chairs, and smelling funky freshmen's feet (seriously), Ms. New Beauty is finally done. She turned in her thesis last week and she's officially finished with school, forever! (Or unless she decides to go back for yet another degree). MNB's end of school schedule pretty much went as follows - wake up, go to the library, consume at least three energy drinks, go home at 5 am, sleep, repeat.

After two weeks of this grueling routine, Ms. New Beauty was drained and absolutely welcomed the invitation to a friend's graduation party as a much needed break. During the party, one of her fabulous friends asked MNB "what are you doing to your skin? You are absolutely glowing!" Well, Ms. New Beauty was completely shocked at the compliment. She had been feeling like Shrek the Third and was sure that she looked like it too. But, after getting home and getting real personal with a magnifying mirror, MNB realized that her skin was not only holding up under the pressure of her studies, but doing better than normal. The tiny problem breakouts near her chin had cleared up, the tone was evened out, and there was a subtle radiance shining through. She was indeed glowing. And all thanks to some new juice.

Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel

I originally headed into Sephora a few weeks ago to buy Kate in a Jar by Kate Somerville. At my last facial, my aesthetician suggested I take my exfoliating up a notch. And, after she left my skin soft, smooth, and radiant, I decided to heed her suggestion. I'd heard about Kate in a Jar a while ago because this product has legions of adoring devotees, despite the $85 price tag. All it takes is one rave review and I'm hooked, so I just knew I was going to try it.

But silly me! Sephora doesn't carry Kate Somerville products. So, I just decided to browse since I was already there and I stumbled upon this new line. Using organic ingredients, the women behind this line leave out the fragrance, the petroleum, and the paraben (no, I'm not completely sure what that is but I figure it's bad enough to warrant getting left out) to create all natural but powerful products. This peel is brimming with powerful antioxidants, vitamins A, C, & E, and fruit extracts to expertly exfoliate and leave your skin soft and glowing. The texture is smooth and creamy and goes on evenly with the faint scent of apple cider. Leave on for 15 minutes once a week and get your glow on too!

$39, available at Sephora

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum

I'm always good for a two-fer, so you know I couldn't try just one product. I'm a Proactiv devotee and that pretty much keeps any blemishes under control. But, I'm all about the preventative maintenance, so I'm always on the lookout for other good acne products.

I love this serum! My inner Mrs. Wizard just swoons over any product that has even the slightest scientific feel. So the glass bottle and dropper built into the top just sent me right over the edge. But, it's the results that have kept me dancing in clear skin Shangri-La la land. My skin is clear and glowing like I just got back from vacay, even though I have barely seen the sun in ages.

Just like the peel, this serum is packed with Vitamins A, C, & E and other antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties to prevent breakouts. This is effective as a spot treatment but I've taken to smoothing a few drops over my entire face after cleansing. Just make sure to use the dropper on your clean hands and not directly onto your face. You don't want to transfer any bacteria from your face into the bottle of serum. If I learned one thing from Doc Stemnisky's tenth grade chemistry class, it's never to contaminate the whole bottle.

$29, available at Sephora.

Get on that juice girls, and get glowing skin too, just don't forget that Ms. New Beauty told you!

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks