Friday, July 20, 2007

Watch Your Step

Ms. New Beauty can be a study in contrasts when she wants to be. She loves gardening, but hates bugs and dirt. She's very particular about dirt on her feet, but doesn't think twice about walking all over the city in summer with nothing to protect her tootsies from the street dirt but her favorite pair of Havianas. The one paradox that confuses her boyfriend all the time is MNB's uncanny ability to be constantly late but despise tardiness simultaneously. Ms. New Beauty hates being late but can never manage to make it to appointments on time. It got so bad that her hairdresser was actually bewildered on the rare occasions that she made it to her weekly 10 am appointment before 10:30. While MNB loves all of her contrasting and conflicting traits, she's trying to work on that last one. Luckily, one event is coming just in time.

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale

Starting today at 3 am (midnight Pacific time) is one of the shopping events that I set my yearly schedule around - the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. By now, you know that I have to hit up the beauty department and stock up on some of my favorite products. (PS and By the Way - Nordstrom's beauty department has gotten a major upgrade. I remember when that store was only good for a M.A.C. counter or maybe Bobbi Brown, but now they have a full makeup department plus they're brimming with skin care and bath & body products. You've come a long way baby, and I appreciate it!) But, during this sale, I'm also going to get something I desperately need - a new watch!!! I have not worn a watch since I was about 19 years old. At first, I just didn't like the feel of something on my wrist. And then, I made my lack of a watch a grand pronouncement of my rebellious nature. I could not be contained by society's rules on timeliness. I'm fearless, I come and go as I please, I'm not tied down to a minute hand and hour hand. Sounded good then, but now, being late is just annoying and leads to a string of foul words as I try to speed my way to every engagement with just a few seconds to spare. So, I'm strapping a timepiece back onto my arm and this is the one that I've picked out.


I love this bright orange watch with the rubber band. It's sporty and chunky but still soft enough to wear as a woman. And, although it's quite bright, orange and yellow are neutrals in my world so you can trust that I'll be wearing this one all the time. But my favorite part of the watch is the band though. It's not the color of the band, or the texture; it's the smell!! Yes, the band is scented and smells like vanilla. So every time you get the watch wet, you'll get just the slightest whiff of vanilla. You know you love it!


Remember that contrasts make you interesting, but don't use that as an excuse to ignore your fixable flaws, and this time, tell a friend that Ms. New Beauty told you!

0 Comments:

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks