Friday, August 03, 2007

We Invented The Remix

The original is always good, but Ms. New Beauty loves her a remix. Remixes have such potential to fail miserably, but when they don't, when they actually succeed, a remix is like a revelation. Ms. New Beauty feels like she's discovered some whole new aspect of something she already loved. She swooned as a child when Jodeci beckoned her to "Come & Talk to Me." But when they remixed it and started singing "come and talk to me I really want to meet you girl, I really wanna know your name," she yelled her name in response and then almost passed out. It was like K-Ci and Jojo were singing right to Ms. New Beauty. All of a sudden the song she had always loved took on a whole new meaning. And, MNB often has this same reaction to other wonderful remixes. Chips Ahoy 100 calorie packs and the myriad permutations of reality shows starring, featuring or copying off of Flavor Flav come to mind as quick examples. But, when it comes to her cosmetics, MNB tends to be a purist and stick with the originals guaranteed to please rather than risking disappointment from a "new & improved" remixed version. Yet, there is one product that has been remixed to death, but Ms. New Beauty is still going along for the ride and enjoying every minute of it!

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine

The Mentha Lip Shine is one of the most popular and most loved C.O. Bigelow Products. It is consistently their best selling product. The original debuted just two years ago, but it has become a staple in the makeup kits and purses of women everywhere. The concept is simple yet ingenious at the same time. A non-sticky lip gloss infused with peppermint oil to freshen breath while it leaves behind a subtle shine on lips. I had a moment when I first discovered Mentha Lip Shine. I just had to pause and have one of those "why didn't I think of this?" dialogues in my head. But that moment soon passed and I started telling everyone I knew about this ingenious little lip gloss. So, needless to say, me and Mentha have been in love for a while. But, I am also in love with everything Mentha does and every remix he gives me.

$7.50, everything is available at C.O. Bigelow or Bath & Body Works

Mentha Vitamin Body Wash

This product has been a long time coming. And, it timed its debut perfectly. Just as New Beauties everywhere are in the throes of sweltering, tortuous heat waves, this body wash appears on shelves to bring us some cool to our boiling hot days. Imagine that you've just spent all day at school or work, then decided to be healthy and sweat out your stresses with an hour at the gym or maybe even a hot yoga class, and now you have to deal with a 30 minute car, bus or train ride until you finally get into your own home and A/C. Infused with peppermint oil, this is the product you will reach for once you finally get in the house and out of the heat.

The mint cools off your tired skin and brings your body temperature down fast. Then, once you're done and the shower is turned off, the air hits the water on your skin and makes you tingle all over. You'll feel as if you've just taken a dip in a Scrooge McDuck sized pool of Vick's Vapo-rub, sans the greasy residue. Plus, it has vitamin A, C, & E infused beads to really treat your skin right.

$14

Black Cherry Mentha Lip Shine

I'll admit, I even like the flavored versions of the original Mentha. What worried me at first was how the flavors would work with the mint. I initially imagined a horrible taste in my mouth, one reminiscent of what happens when you sit down for a glass of OJ or plate of pancakes too soon after brushing your teeth. But, the Bigelow Chemists definitely deserve a raise because there is no such bad interaction here. At first, when you apply it to your lips, you'll taste the flavor of the lip shine. Then, that'll pass and leave behind the cool taste of mint and a little tingle on your lips. I don't know how, but it works.

Black Cherry is part of the soda pop Mentha remixes. I love it! It takes me back to the days when Bonne Bell Lip Smackers were the only makeup I was allowed to have. I had two favorite flavors - Grape, which tasted like Kool-Aid to me, and Dr. Pepper. Come on now, you know you loved the Dr. Pepper Lip Smacker too. The Black Cherry Mentha Lip Shine is the grown up version that you will not have to be embarrassed about pulling out of your purse and putting on in public. The Soda Pop Collection also has Cream Soda and Root Beer flavors too.

$7.50

Citrus Mentha Minis

This one I just picked up last night. It was sitting by the register and the bright colors beckoned me. The cashier had already rung me up but I just had to slide this in with the rest of the purchases. Shame is, I have a degree in Marketing and still fall for all of those tricks. I know better, but I don't care.

Anyway, this is a great little trio. Three small lip shines in Lime, Grapefruit, and Orange flavors. The sizes are perfect to fit in the teensy tiny clutches that go so well with your night out on the town outfits. So far, Grapefruit is my favorite flavor but the lime is coming up a close second for me. I'm not really a fan of the Orange, but then again, orange in general does nothing for me. I never liked the Orange flavored Tic Tacs and that's exactly what this tastes like to me.

$10 for the three


Let the mint make you tingly from head to toe, but remember C.O. Bigelow really invented the remix, and tell a friend that Ms. New Beauty told you!

P.S. Don't forget to sign up for the gift bag giveaway. You only have until Wednesday at midnight to subscribe with feedblitz and be included in the drawing!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEE C.O. Bigelow!

Especially the lip balm.

Anonymous said...

girl i love them lipglosses they are cute and tates geat {lol} well i just want to know when you invented this lipgloss

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just bought the Citrus Mentha Minis last night and they are already my obsession. I really like the Grapefruit and the Lime as well, I have been applying them all day. I love the tingle and the great scent. I also have a degree in marketing and I also fall for last minute purchases that they add by the register. They plan it and I don't care, works everytime!

ps. I got the Citrus Mentha Minis on sale for only $2!

© New Blogger Templates | Webtalks